This class is for participants who want to enjoy a workout with some intensity, improve their technical skills and who desire to row in a non-racing environment with like-minded athletes. If this is your objective and you have at least 2 years of on-water rowing experience, then this is the class for you.
Pre-recs: LTR, Novice I & Novice II, along with coach recommendation to move up from Novice II.
· Have slide control (speed transition from hands away/body over)
· Show fluidity of rowing motion (Arms, Back, Legs)
· Show good hand/body movement during recovery & drive
· Change out on the fly (When rowing by 4’s or 6’s)
· Have ability to row port/starboard
· Have blade depth control (Catch and finish)
· Have good oar/body position at catch/finish
· Balance boat with feet
· Show good catch & finish timing
· Taken coxswain training
· Completed 2k erg test
· Be in 2nd year of rowing
The above objective criteria will allow the coach to provide rowers with good feedback so rowers understand if they can move from Novice Recreational to Intermediate; plus, feedback on areas that need improvement before making the move to the Intermediate level.
|May 2 - May 23||Tues/Thurs||6:00 PM - 8:00 PM ($105)|
|May 27 - July 3||Mon/Wed||6:00 PM - 8:00 PM ($180)|
|July 8 - August 15||Mon/Wed||6:00 PM - 8:00 PM ($180)|
|August 19 - September 26||Mon/Wed||6:00 PM - 8:00 PM ($180)|
|October 1 - October 31 Mon/Wed||6:00 PM - 8:00 PM ($180)|